Crypto Daily: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, XRP, TRON, IOTA
- Even as the price of Bitcoin has dropped below $4,000, crypto enthusiasts still believe a recovery of the top coin is in the offing. Anthony Pompliano, founder of Morgan Creek Digital, said Bitcoin haters will once again be proven wrong as the cryptocurrency is not dying.
- Forbes columnist Peter Tchir has predicted that Bitcoin’s price might even go down to $2,000 before hitting $6,000. He believes the top cryptocurrency can still recover its losses.
- The state of Ohio has reportedly launched cryptocurrency portal ohiocrypto.com to allow businesses to pay their taxes in Bitcoin. Ohio appears to be the first state to take such a step and the idea was the brainchild of Josh Mandel, the state’s Treasurer.
Bitcoin Cash [BCH]
- Bitcoin Cash ABC developer Craig Wright said Bitcoin needs three mining pools in order to function properly. On the hash wars, Wright said they will dog BCHABC’s tales till the money lasts.
- DiamCoin, a stablecoin, has migrated to the Bitcoin Cash Network from the previously planned Ethereum. DaimCoin is one of the earliest tokens to be launched on the BCH network.
- After weeks of continuous volatility, the crypto market is looking to end the year on a bullish note. XRP is currently posting double-digit gains, cementing its position as the top altcoin.
- Ripple’s chief strategist Cory Johnson recently said in an interview that XRP surpassed the ‘poor technology’ of Bitcoin. XRP is seeing more use cases than Bitcoin these days, according to him.
TRON founder Justin Sun shared some data six months ahead with the community, like the rising number of transactions on its blockchain. Keeping the recent market crash in mind, Sun reaffirmed the community that nothing much has changed.
In light of the bear market, TRON founder Justin Sun recently tweeted that Ethereum developers should migrate to the TRON network immediately. The TRON platform is 100 times faster than Ethereum and is fully compatible with the latter.
TRON’s Project Atlas aims to add currency to the BitTorrent protocol via a series of extensions. With this, seeders can be rewarded financially and torrents can be boosted by paying for faster access.
- IOTA has been forging partnerships with many governments and its work with the UK government to advise on matters related to blockchain is especially significant. IOTA also sponsors the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on blockchain, which aims to ensure that both the society and industry benefit from the novel technology.
Image via Shutterstock