Ethereum, EOS, Cardano & TRON finish top in DPRating Crypto Rankings report 2018; Bitcoin finishes 2nd
DPRating is a cryptocurrency rating agency which conducts various surveys in the crypto community. Established in 2017, they also plan on hosting an ICO for their own token. They have recently released their Github Audit report for the year 2018, which reveals some surprising information.
Here’s the criteria of the rating:
- Popularity of the Library is defined as the mean number of Watch, Star and fork. Very High: > 500, High: between 100 and 500, MediumL between 20 and 100, Low: Below 20.
- Number of Contributors: The number of contributors that have committed code in the last month. High: More than 12, Medium: between 6 and 12, Low: Below 6.
- Release Frequency: We took the version release frequency of Bitcoin and Ethereum, 14.31 days for a new release, as a reference value. We then divide the number of average days spent for a new release by 14.31 to get a release frequency score. High: below 2, Medium: between 2 and 4, Low: above 4.
The overall rating ranges from 1 to 5
- Popularity of the library: 1 point for Very High, 0.5 points for High, no point for Middle or Low;
- Number of Contributors: 1 point for High, 0.5 point for Medium, no point for Low
- Release frequency: 1 point for High, 0.5 point for Medium, no point for Low
- Number of Commits: 1 point for over 200 commits, 0.5 point for between 100 and 200 commits, no point for between 30 and 100 or below 30
- Commit type: 1 point for A1 or A2, 0.5 point for A3, no point for B, C and D
The rankings have been rather surprising.
- A total of 7 coins have finished in the first place, namely EOS, Loom, Cardano, TRON, Lisk, Particl and Ethereum with a score of 5/5.
- Bitcoin has finished 2nd with a score of 4.8.
- Status, surprisingly has acquired a score of 4.7 to finish 3rd.
Some of big coins, namely Ripple, Monero and Stellar haven’t been able to cross 4 points on the rankings. Further, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and IOTA have failed to acquire even 3 points.
Image via Shutterstock
Join our Telegram group