Monero [XMR] Release ‘Lithium Luna’ Offers Full LedgerHQ Support
Monero has bought some fresh features to its digital wallet. A complete rejig of the Monero software was announced.
— Monero || #xmr (@monerocurrency) June 4, 2018
It is the v0.12.2.0 point release of the Monero software, and it is part of the v0.12 network-wide update. The major release was due to the April 6th network update, which in turn increased the minimum ring signature size, sorted inputs so as not to leak wallet choice by inference, and slightly changed the proof-of-work algorithm to prevent DoS attacks by ASICs. This release of the software presents some significant improvements to Monero, as well as a broad set of bug fixes.
Some highlights of the Monero release are :
- mention announcement mailing list in README.md (lists.getmonero.org)
- fix PCSC on windows (for Ledger support)
- various build fixes
- fix fee display unit when the unit is not the default
- fixes for lengthy waits (and timeouts) when sending transactions and parsing ring history
- automatically pop old version blocks if the user failed to update in time
- fix sweep_unmixable output selection after the recent min ring size bump
- sync fixes
- document the need for building dependencies with -fPIC
- fix bandwidth limit commands scaling
- fix disabling logs (–log-level “”)
- reuse connections in the wallet API
- fix reading some arguments from the config file
- log stack trace on crash (wonky on windows)
- fix loading the txpool with colliding key images
- fix errors when the shared ringdb fails to initialize
- fix destination ordering
- fix endianness dependence in subaddress generation
- fast scan mode for Ledger (exposes view key to the host computer)
The release was possible due to the relentless efforts of 87 people who worked, largely unpaid and altruistically, to put out 1 649 commits containing 56 735 new lines of code. Monero tweeted a guide how to generate Ledger Monero wallet with CLI.
A guide on how to generate a Ledger Monero wallet with the CLI (monero-wallet-cli): https://t.co/RitDQ8aVeI
— Monero || #xmr (@monerocurrency) June 5, 2018
Monero confirmed that the GUI v0.12.2.0 binaries will, probably, be released later this week.
Image via https://getmonero.org/
Join our Telegram group