Tron [TRX]’s bug bounty program offers a lucrative reward for secure blockchain
On May 31, 2018, the day of the mainnet launch, Tron Foundation launched Bug Bounty Program with the highest reward of USD$10 million. Tron's bug bounty is focussed at discovering potential technical vulnerabilities in the mainnet with the help of community members, especially those who specialize in global network security, to sustain Tron mainnet as the most secure public blockchain in the industry and to provide safe and stable infrastructure and services to DApps deployed on the mainnet. The Tron Foundation attaches utmost importance to the security of mainnet.
— Tron Foundation (@Tronfoundation) June 5, 2018
The Github handle highlighted the rewards :
- The highest single reward for this program is USD$10 million.
- There are three security levels for the bugs: fatal bugs, advanced bugs, and intermediate bugs.
- For a report which contains several bugs, if they share an origin of the same underlying bug or are interrelated, we will regard and reward these bugs as one single bug discovery.
- If several members report on the same bug, the reward will be awarded to the earliest submission verified by TRON Foundation.
- All rights of interpretation of reward amount are reserved to TRON Foundation
Eligible bugs for Tron Bug Bounty reward include:
- Fatal bugs for USD$100,000 and up bugs which can take control of java-tron nodes by remote execution of any code.
- Fatal bugs for USD$50,000 and up bugs which can lead to private key leakage.
- Advanced bugs for USD$10,000 and up bugs which can incur Denial of Service (DoS) in java-tron through a P2P network.
- Advanced bugs for USD$10,000 and up bugs which can incur Denial of Service (DoS) in java-tron through RPC-API.
- Intermediate bugs for USD$6,000 and up bugs which can incur Denial of Service (DoS) in java-tron through TRON Protocol.
- Intermediate bugs for USD$6,000 and up bugs allowing unauthorized operations on user accounts.
Image via Justin Sun's Facebook Page
Join our Telegram group